Child and Youth Finance International (CYFI) is currently seeking a Fundraising Manager to join our team at the CYFI Secretariat in Amsterdam and to raise funds in support of our work, that aims to positively impact the lives of children and youth worldwide..
Child and Youth Finance International (CYFI) leads the world’s largest Movement dedicated to enhancing the financial capabilities of children and youth. This is done through the promotion of Child and Youth Friendly Banking products and quality Economic Citizenship Education (ECE). The Movement leverages expertise and innovation from within its network of global organizations. Its partners and supporters include financial authorities and some of the world’s leading financial institutions, international NGOs, multilateral and bilateral organizations, foundations, renowned academics, and without a doubt, children and youth.
As Fundraising Manager, you will be part of the Operations Team of CYFI and report to the Director of Operations & Communication. You will be responsible for the further development and implementation of a tailored, ambitious yet realistic fundraising strategy aimed to strengthen and expand CYFI’s financial base going forward. A strategy built around 3 focus areas: institutional grants (governments, funds), individual donors and events.
As our Fundraising Manager your responsibilities include:
- Bringing our work and achievements to the attention of (potential) donors.
- In close collaboration with our Director Operations and Communication and our Managing Director, you will strengthen and deepen our relationship with our existing donors through regular grant reporting.
- Assume responsibility for the identification, outreach and successful engagement with new partners.
- Bringing in new sources of ongoing financial and non-financial (in-kind) support and donations to our organization.
- Successfully developing new qualitative and innovative fundraising propositions, with input and support from other CYFI team members that are linked to and aligned with the mission and strategy of CYFI.
- Identifying and analyzing potential calls or requests for proposals, advise the Management Board whether to pursue them and if approved, prepare full proposals.
- Developing consistent and convincing proposals based on our Theory of Change with well-defined result areas, measurable results, budgets and impact.
- Manage both the internal as well as the external proposal writing process, including deadlines, completeness, accuracy and overall quality
- Preparing and executing our yearly fundraising plan and leading the team in the realization of this yearly plan.
- Being a go-to person for both colleagues and external partners on fundraising matters.
We are looking for a person that fits the following criteria:
- You have extensive knowledge and hands-on verifiable experience (5-10 years) with a demonstrable track record in fundraising for an NGO / not for profit organization. Not only at the strategic level, but also at the operational level.
- You have a degree in economics, international affairs, business, public administration or other relevant field.
- You support the mission, ambition and work of the Child and Youth Finance Movement.
- You will bring a recent network of relevant international governments and foundations that you can successfully reach out to for support of CYFI.
- You have worked in an international multi stakeholder environment.
- You have worked in culturally diverse teams.
- You have strong communication skills, you are accurate and experienced in working with and managing professionals.
- You can prepare and provide presentations for promoting the proposal to donors and other partners.
- You can build and maintain strong professional relationships.
- You have an excellent command of English.
- Frequent travel could be required.
The position is based in Amsterdam, is full-time (40 hours per week) and includes vacation- and sick leave according to Dutch standards.
The remuneration for this position is in the range of Euro 2518,94 - 3286,65 (this is incl. 8% of holiday allowance according to the Dutch law) depending on the experience of the selected candidate. We are unable to sponsor a work visa, therefore only candidates with a valid EU passport or pre-existing work permit can be considered.
For more information about our work please visit our website www.childfinance.org.For additional information or questions on CYFI and / or this position, please contact Bram van Eijk or Wessel van Kampen on (+31 (0)20 520 3900).