Network Advisory Services (NAS)
The Network Advisory Services team is responsible for managing a large part of CYFI’s stakeholder relationships, at national, regional and international levels. This includes relationships with national authorities, multilateral and bilateral organizations, financial institutions, non-governmental organizations. This team is responsible for coordinating advocacy campaigns with the stakeholders, as well as providing technical assistance in the form of consultancy and program development.
Head of Network Advisory Services (NAS)
The Head of Network Advisory Services (NAS) holds a pivotal role in ensuring the smooth operation of the NAS team, as well as advancing the knowledge of the organization in the fields of financial inclusion and financial capability building, both externally and internally. The Head of Network Advisory Services (NAS) also holds a key role in representing the organization in international fora and with international stakeholders.
We are looking for someone for 32 to 40 hours per week.
Role and Responsibilities:
Team Management and Coordination
- Manage the team responsible for the implementation of CYFI’s strategy worldwide.
- Coordinate the implementation of CYFI’s external progress tracking tool.
Networking and Stakeholder Management
- Manage CYFI’s engagement with multilaterals and bi-laterals, as well as European Institutions (such as OECD and European Parliament).
- Coordinate the Global Money Week Campaign – including engagement, reporting and advisory services.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with key stakeholders (national authorities, multilaterals, funders, private sector, civil society etc.).
Representing the organization at international fora
- Representation the organization in working groups and consortia (for example the G20’s GPFI subgroups).
- Participate in and present at relevant events sharing and disseminating insights and knowledge from the CYFI network.
Knowledge Building and Transfer
- Contribute to the creation and delivery of topical workshops on a variety of subjects such as product development, national strategies, teacher training.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of technical assistance projects by the NAS team worldwide.
- Initiate and contribute to topical knowledge creation (youth financial inclusion) and transfer of own experience and knowledge to the members of the NAS Team.
- Fundraise for the implementation of the department’s strategy.
- The ideal candidate should have significant and relevant experience in one or more of the following fields: financial education, financial inclusion policies, digital financial services (DFS), financial inclusion data; consumer protection and empowerment.
- A Master’s degree in a relevant technical field such as economics, international development, finance, public sector policy and administration with qualifications in economics, management or project management would be advantages.
- At least five to seven years of experience and a deep understanding of working with financial policymaking institutions, multilateral institutions, development agencies, think tanks, and/or international financial inclusion-related organizations would be a strong advantage.
- Hands-on experience in the implementation of projects related to the focus areas of Child and Youth Finance International.
- A background in consultancy is preferred.
- Proven experience in team management.
- Demonstration of strong negotiation, communication, advocacy, and interpersonal skills, particularly in working with people from diverse cultures, personalities and disciplines.
- Experience in managing, leading, stimulating and taking forward a team of experts in an international setting.
- Willingness to travel.
- Strong writing skills for documents and proposals.
- In addition to an excellent working level of English, an ability to communicate, write and present in one or more of the following languages would be an advantage: French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, Mandarin.
- EU citizen
The Head of Network Advisory Services (NAS) services will:
- Be directly accountable to the Managing Director of CYFI.
- As a member of the CYFI Management Team, liaise and work closely with CYFI’s Communications, Operations, Thought Leadership and Consultancy and Youth Entrepreneurship teams.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external partners from organizations for which he/she will be responsible.
CYFI offers leadership in an international non-profit setting with a great diversity of partners and stakeholders, and a professional and truly committed Secretariat team. As a charity foundation CYFI adheres to the ‘Wijffels code” and thus the annual gross compensation will be commensurate with the years of working experience.