5th Child & Youth Finance International Global Summit
YOUTH ECONOMIC EMPOWEREMENT AND THE SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS
Johannesburg, South Africa | 20-22 June 2018
We are happy to announce that the Child & Youth Finance International (CYFI) Global Summit 2018 will take place 20-22 June 2018 in Johannesburg, South Africa and will be hosted by the Banking Association South Africa (BASA) together with CYFI! The Summit will be held in partnership with a number of South African institutions including National Treasury, Financial Services Board, Department of Basic Education of South Africa, and FinMark Trust.
Financial inclusion is a global policy priority aimed at improving the lives of the poor. Many nations have made progress in bringing financial services to poor sections of their populations, yet children and youth in many countries remain outside the formal financial sector.
The CYFI Summit is the major global summit focusing on youth economic citizenship, entrepreneurship, financial education and financial inclusion for children and youth. It aims to bring together more than 200 participants from across CYFI’s global network of more than 100 countries.
- Build a bridge between financial education and financial inclusion initiatives of various global networks and to communicate and share ideas and policy priorities between these different platforms;
- Create a forum for the exchange of ideas and sharing of innovations and best practices for the advancement of child and youth financial inclusion, financial education and the delivery of youth financial services;
- Discuss national policy and Public-Private Partnership initiatives for youth financial capability through a collaborative policy development process.
During the Summit topics of discussion will include:
- Digital finance and mobile money for youth;
- Financial consumer protection frameworks for young people;
- Financial inclusion of young women;
- Financial education and inclusion of forcibly displaced youth and unaccompanied minors;
- The importance of data collection on youth financial access and financial literacy;
- Enhancement of entrepreneurship skills among the youth;
- Programmes to develop Financially and
- Socially responsible economic citizens, and other themes.
Possibilities for partnership:
Depending on the type of organization, there are many possibilities to become involved in the 2018 CYFI Summit, for example:
- Host a panel discussion on a topic of choice during parallel sessions;
- Support the 2018 CYFI Summit and pursue standard or customized sponsorship opportunities;
- Identify potential delegates and speakers for the panels and extend invitations to them;
- Support with marketing and promotion of the Summit within your organization or professional network.
Registration and other details will follow soon. In the meantime, please save the date, stay tuned and we look forward to seeing you in South Africa in June 2018!